The French-Cypriot school is looking for an accounting officer. Position based in Nicosia.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Accounting & Finance Department
- Maintain proper accounting books and accounting software entries
- Invoicing of the families (on a trimester or monthly basis) and send statements of accounts
- Maintain regular Reconciliation of Debtors & Creditors and deal with payments and receivables.
- Monitor & manage debtor collections and purchase processes
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and cash control
- Preparation of the payroll, monthly payroll submissions & payments.
- Preparation and submissions of Social insurance, GESY, taxes - IR7 Taxis Net - and other online payments
- Preparation of regular and Ad-Hoc accounting and financial reports
- Liaise with the external auditors for the annual statutory audit and ensure the implementation of their recommendations
- Maintain fixed assets and inventory records of the establishment as well as Depreciation and Amortization records for each item
- Perform general administrative/clerical duties pertaining to the role as required by the Headmaster and the Management Committee, including participation in Management Committee meetings when deemed necessary.
- Accounting qualification – LCCI Higher or AAT or Accounting Related University degree.
- Experience in a similar position.
- Experience in using a computerized accounting system. Knowledge of the SAP accounting software will be considered an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Ms Excel and Ms Word.
- Good organization and problem-solving skills. Fluent in English and Greek Language (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of the French Language will be considered as a significant advantage.
- The school offers a competitive salary package and a 13th salary.
Employment Type :
- Full-time 40hrs/week